I am in a little town called Ringgold, Georgia. I dare you to google earth it because it is so country. It is really pretty and Ringgold itself is a small little town, but we cover SO much area. We cover most of the georgia portion of the mission. We luckily have a car!
There was a man, justin, that was just baptized 4 days before we got here so we have had the chance to do the new member discussions with him and work with his wife in preparing to get baptized. Justin and casey have 3 kids. ethan and caleb have already been baptized and emily will get baptized next year when she turns 8. They are a really cute family!
it is funny the extremes down here. 80% of the ward is RICH RICH RICH! The houses and properties up here and mind blowing, but on the other hand the 20% is poor poor poor. You really either live in a mansion or a trailer, there is no medium like there is in utah. beyond that most people dont take super great care of stuff. The poorer end is very.....messy i guess you could say. I have been to a couple houses that make Great Grandma's look like the cleanest castle you have ever seen. The cool thing though is that it doesnt matter. I am able to see them through the eyes of Christ and you dont pay attention to the worldly things, it is all about the person and where they are going.
We have the Blaylock's that live 5 doors from us and Donna is just my favorite. She is really sweet and down to earth. The nice thing about the south is they tell it to you straight and like it is. There is no going around the bush, they just say it.
It has rained some. My first night here there was a huge thunderstorm and rain, but surprisingly my hair isnt monster. I havent used my rain coat cuz it is too hot. It has been like 95-105 with humidity and it is awful. Tracting was awful, but when we are in the car and stuff it is totally doalbe. Thankfully our apt has AC.
The rest of her letter was about - Mom..please send me... Heh..
Oh, that said, if you are sending mail or packages, please send them to the mission home and send them 1st class mail or parcel post so that they can be forwarded to her.