Wednesday, July 3, 2013

So long, farewell

Well friends it has been a great ride! I am now off to serve the Lord for the next 18 months in the Tennessee Knoxville Mission.  I know, without a doubt, that that is where I am needed.  I don't know why or for who, but I have learned the past few months that it doesn't matter and that I need to have nothing but the utmost faith in the Lord because he knows!

Getting ready for my mission has been a whirlwind between leaving my beloved Utah State and roommates to having to move home to sending my brother on his mission and enduring many stuggles and inner demon as I have prepared.  There were many more things I probably could have done to get ready for today because I will be the first to admit I am nowhere near as ready as I need to be, but I am holding on with firm faith that as I enter the MTC today with a my small understanding of the gospel and my firm understanding of God and a testimony of him that that is ok and that I will be directed and learn what I need to in time.

I leave with you a couple things as I go.  First, remember to always pray to our Heavenly Father.  He is always there and and always listening and knows literally everything.  Second, have as much faith as you can possibly muster within yourselves.  With faith comes so much understanding and love.  And third, remember who you are and that you are a child of our Heavenly Father who loves us.  He would not have put you here at this time and in this place if it weren't for his complete faith in you as his kids.

I love each of you and am so grateful for you prayers and support.  Please write and keep in touch! I do not know how great I will be at writing back fast, but I will.  Know that you are all in my prayers and I cannot be more thankful for the love and support you have given me over the years!

Much love,

Sister Steiner

PS - my mom will be updating my blog with pics and new happenings!

No comments:

Post a Comment